Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses. – Ecclesiastes 3:1
Whether our lives are long or short, we have to live it one day at a time.
Those 24 hours can be mundane, exciting, terrifying, boring, full of meetings and experiences.
- Your life that day may be filled with illness, accidents, or mishaps.
- You may spend many long hours at work, or embark on an overseas holiday.
- You may be getting married, or struggling with a relationship.
- A new baby may be on the way, or you could be seeing off a beloved son or daughter to college or university for the first time.
- You may be facing your first job interview, or writing an exam, or just looking after your children at home.
No matter what you do, or where you are thousands—nay, millions—of people are going through exactly the same kind of experiences.
They are just ordinary days that everyone has.
But in these ordinary days we have One who is with us all the time, One who has ordained our days, and the number of them; one who is interested in all our ordinary days, and wants to be part of them.
There are many ways that God interacts with us
There are many ways that God interacts with us—especially on our ordinary days. He is our One constant companion. God says:
Day by day I am with you in the experiences of life. Days that you think are ordinary are full of My presence! Look around and see what I have given to you for your pleasure. Family, friends, work, home, vacations and celebrations are but a few. All these are part of My gift of life to you. Enjoy the life I have given—even though it seems ordinary!
Allow Him to join you on your journey of life
Allow Him to join you on your journey of life, and show you that those ordinary days are special to Him, and He wants them to be extra-ordinary for you because His loving care and help is with you every moment.