From the moment we feel a stirring in our hearts towards God a lifelong journey of discovery takes hold of us
I encourage you to seek God, for His love for you, His child, is the most exciting, life-changing discovery you can make.
Life is meant to be lived to the full, though many of our experiences can at times be extremely challenging. As we persevere to meet with God each day we grow to know Him as our loving Father, One who knows just what we need to learn about, and what His plan and purpose is for us.
Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will answer you. You will seek me, and you will find me because you will seek me with all your heart. – Jeremiah 29:12-13
As you meet God in prayer, allow God to speak to your heart. He knows you intimately and loves you completely. He wants the very best for you. But most of all He desires a loving relationship with you, and for you to grow to know Him as He is – the great ‘I AM’, Father, Lord, and Spirit.
An encounter with God will change you, enrich you, and challenge you. It will stir you to the depths of your being, and bring you to understand the unique relationship that has been born. A relationship that will bring out the best in you, and start you on a journey that will enthrall you and hold you captive in ways that you had never before thought of or begun to understand.
God will surprise you in many different ways, as He divulges depths to your emotions that are stirred to life through His Holy Spirit. You will instinctively desire to please your Lord, and will search for ways to know Him better.
We have within us a God-space that before we meet God is empty and leaves us feeling unfulfilled. But, gloriously, once we have encountered God and accepted His invitation to be His own, that God-space becomes increasingly filled with His presence. Then, we long for the presence of God! We desire to encounter Him, day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute.
It is a place of peace, and joy, and contentment, and love—so much love that it overwhelms us.
Everything that God desires for us, and we desire for ourselves—God delights in giving to us.
Only one thing is required from us. Faithfulness!
Some tips for getting started
- Commit to meeting with God each day.
- Establish a pattern of prayer. At first it may only be a few moments, but it will soon grow, as you desire to experience His loving touch. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you, as Father, as Lord, as Spirit.
- Praise God and thank Him for His love and His blessings.
- The Bible is a love letter to you, God’s child. Immerse yourself in His Word—a Psalm a day, and a chapter from the New Testament.
- If a verse or a word stands out, take note and ask God to speak to your heart about what He wants you to know.
- Seek His guidance and be prepared to change and relinquish bad habits, as you live out His instructions, and desire to share His love with others.
- Tell Him that you want to know Him more than you do right now.
As you seek God—Father, Son and Holy Spirit—day by day, you will grow to know His voice speaking to your heart.